Watervliet Athletic Hall of Fame
Watervliet High School Athletic Hall of Fame was started in 2007, and
inducted its first class in October 2008. Individuals who have made
outstanding contributions to the Cannoneer athletic program and, in some
cases, at both the college and professional levels through their
participation as athletes, coaches or administrators are inducted
annually at an Induction Dinner as part of the Homecoming Weekend every
If you have any questions about the Hall of Fame, please email the Hall of Fame Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Athletic Office at 518-629-3303.
Click on the links below to view the inductee profiles:
Hall of Fame Committee:
Michael Foust, AD Tony Schilling, Secretary Ron Boisvert Kathy Dean
Joe Pastore Bob Christensen Dick Erdoes Todd Birmingham
Donna Belokopitsky Gene Madeio Kathy Towne-Deguire
Jim Verhagen Lyle Darmetko Tony Curro, Jr.
Athletic Hall of Fame induction to take place every two years
The Watervliet Hall of Fame Committee has decided to alter its format to a biennial (every other year) platform. The next Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place in the fall of 2016 (even numbered years), rather than this upcoming fall. It should be noted that this decision was voted upon during the committee's annual meeting, and was a unanimous consensus among the committee members. It should be also noted that the decision had nothing to do with the eligibility or integrity of the nominees; rather, it was based upon numerous factors that focused on making the induction process and ceremony better. More information
1. Athlete must have graduated from Watervliet City School District.
2. Athlete must have attended Watervliet for at least two years.
3. Athletes will become eligible for nomination ten years after graduation date.
4. Athlete must have contributed significantly to the image of Watervliet athletics in an extremely positive fashion.
5. A person who was not an athlete or a graduate of Watervliet can be nominated if, over a significant period of time, that person has contributed greatly to Watervliet athletics in an extremely positive fashion. This would include coaches, administrators, and supporters.
6. Coaches, administrators and supporters will become eligible for nomination five years after they end their service to the school. *
7. A whole team can be nominated after 15 years. The team will be listed on one plaque as a single selection for that Hall of Fame Year.
* This may be changed at the discretion of the Hall of Fame Committee
Nominations are now being
accepted for next induction class – the nomination deadline is
Click here to complete an online
A nomination form in pdf format can also be printed by clicking here. Please mail this completed form as instructed on the form.
Inductees will be announced in August and a gala induction ceremony will be held in conjunction with the annual fall homecoming weekend.